The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old January 19, 2000, 10:38 AM   #1
Mike Root

George, I'm still looking for a copy of DB Coopers book on the 49/56. Has any got a copy? I'll be cutting the recoil spring tonight to try and cure my ejection problem. The empties don't always eject, they seem to stick in the chamber. Mike
Old January 19, 2000, 10:28 PM   #2
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

Mike, I corresponded with Mr. Cooper and Drifting Sands sent me a refund. Cooper says that he is looking for a new publisher. DS sold all remaining copies to two vendors in Texas but I've had no luck finding out who they might be.

Well I've gotten as far as rechambering my 49/56 but the project has stalled. There is just too much work in the shop. I feel guilty if I'm here and not working on a customer's gun so that leaves very little time for my own projects. I'm going to try to finish this Sunday. If you are sure that it's an ejection and not an extraction problem then clipping a coil or four off the spring will help. You will be able to see progress the first time you cut it. I wouldn't cut more than a coil or two at a time. Test fire between each cut and see how it's going. Good luck with it. George