The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 15, 1999, 10:04 AM   #1
Walter Rego

While attempting to adjust the rear sight on my HD Military I snapped off the little spring tension pin that engages the serrations on the left side of the sight base. I have not yet removed the entire assembly to examine it. Is this an easy fix? Suggestions are welcome. The sight design is very poor. If I wish to replace the whole assembly, is the dovetail notch in the slide a standard size ? What would be a good replacement sight that would "drop in"?
A quick look at Brownells shows some options from MMC that might work. Thank you.
Old March 15, 1999, 11:17 AM   #2
fal308
Staff Alumnus

Just looked at High Standard's site - www.highstandard.com . They recommend Brownells also.
Old March 20, 1999, 12:22 PM   #3
MAD DOG

The funky rear sight was one of the only real failings of this otherwise neat little pistol.
I have owned a couple of them, and both were acquired with broken rear sights as you described.
Numrich Arms/Gunparts Corporation has replacement parts for these.
They can be contacted at (914)679-2417
They have a marvelous catalog, which is well worth the nominal fee that they charge for it.
I refer to it on a regular basis.