The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old July 29, 2005, 10:49 PM   #26
rugerdude

Hop in one of the other seats and keep that gun on him. Then see if he wants to drive off in your car

(just kidding) This leaves you (well, depending on a lot of things) in a good position to get your gun taken away and you are now dealing with one very ****** of criminal who has your car AND your gun.

Besides, would you really want his brains all over your baby's interior?

Not my quote but I agree completely.
Old July 29, 2005, 11:31 PM   #27
3 weelin geezer

I would not be stupid enough to stand in front of a car that is being taken by some criminal to try and stop him. I know very well that I produce what...1/10 hp maybe and the car makes at least 50. We are talking about a Yugo here now. Therefore, I don't think I can stop it like Superman who I am not. I may be Elvis but not Superman. SOOO....I guess I can just run to the phone and call police to try to retrieve my precious street legal go kart maybe in one piece. Besides, I really don't want to go to court and have to answer all kinds of questions and be put under a microscope and all that over a $50 car. (For example: Why didnt I just get out of the way of the car?) Yup, $50 bucks is what I paid the guy. I ain't kidding. It may be the butt of many a joke but it was a good little car and it took me all over the place. BTW, who would want to steal a Yugo anyways? I can imagine being the guy he tries to sell it to. That guy will probably be shot for being so stupid and not getting a ford pinto instead. I think it has more appeal than my Yugo.