The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 14, 2000, 02:25 PM   #1
Erik

Any suggestions?
Old February 14, 2000, 04:17 PM   #2
skdtac

hi erik,
i've carried iwb since i started shooting handguns, and the best i've yet to encounter is the kytac braveheart.

if you get a moment, please visit http://skdtac.com/category.asp?categoryid=5 to read more about this great holster and ky-tac. these are handmade on actual guns by master class shooter dave elderton. they eliminate the #1 problem with traditional iwb holsters, which is shifting of the grip angle during the course of carry.

best regards,
joe

------------------
www.skdtac.com
tactical accessories for self-defense and le
Old February 14, 2000, 07:44 PM   #3
Arnistador

Be sure to check out the Mad Dog GunGlove series as well. Mad Dog is one of the pioneers of Kydex holsters and has a very clean, functional design. One piece Kydex design minimizes stress points and the new bonded holsters eliminate screws, grommets, AND rivets for minimum material and maximum comfort.

Other users of GunGlove include Chuck Taylor, Ed & Giles Stock (Gunsite), and Boone County SRT.

For 1911, IWBs run:

$54.95 for Riveted GunGlove
$64.95 for Bonded GunGlove 2000 series

Tim
Old February 15, 2000, 12:38 PM   #4
Jeff OTMG

Kytac makes about the best Kydex holsters on the market. He adds details that make his products stand out, like a bevel on the opening of the mag pouch. I knew Elderton when he still lived in Oklahoma before he got famous. The downside for me was that I know what features I want in a holster so they have to be made the way I want them made and he would only make his standard production models. Lou Alessi and M/D Enterprises are accomodating to my requirements so I use their products.
Old February 15, 2000, 06:53 PM   #5
Rosco Benson

Be aware that the current production Springfields have a much thicker and more squared off "dust cover" than does a Colt. It is enough different to cause fit problems in holsters that are molded for the Colt. Just make sure that whichever holstermaker you choose knows that your pistol is a Springfield.

Rosco
Old February 15, 2000, 08:32 PM   #6
Erik

Thanks for the info, guys.

Thanks for the tip, Rosco. I had heard that before, but forgotten it.

Erik