|July 14, 2005, 02:18 PM||#1|
Join Date: June 10, 2004
Combative Pistol in Reno, NV
Tom Givens of Rangemaster will conduct a weekend Combative Pistol I Course in Reno, Nevada, on August 20-21, 2005. We will be using the excellent outdoor range and indoor classroom at the Washoe County Regional Shooting Center.
Combative Pistol, Two Day
This is an intensive weekend course that covers all of the essential skills involved in fighting with a handgun. There is an all day session Saturday and Sunday, plus an evening session on Saturday.
Topics covered in this course will include:
• Rapid presentation from concealed carry
• Effective gunhandling techniques, designed to work under stress
• Rapid reloading techniques
• Movement skills, including effectively engaging targets on the move
• Disability drills, including drawing and reloading with one hand
• Precision shooting at mid-ranges
• Weapon retention/disarming techniques
• Effective scanning techniques, locating additional threats
• Low light firing techniques, both with/without a flashlight
• Proper defensive mindset and more.
Expect to fire about 800-1000 rounds of ammunition.
You will need a good handgun, holster, belt, and magazine pouch, at least three magazines, a ball cap and concealment garment (vest, jacket, windbreaker, etc), eye and ear protection, and rain gear (we train rain or shine). A cooler with soft drinks and snacks is a very good idea.
You will need a quality handgun and gear. It is a good idea to bring a second gun just like your primary, in case something breaks on your primary gun. Please bring good quality ammunition. You will shoot better, your gun will function better, and you will learn faster.
Your primary instructor will be Tom Givens, of Rangemaster. Tom’s credentials can be viewed under Staff Qualifications. He will be assisted by other Rangemaster staff.
Tuition is $299.00. Call 901-370-5600 to enroll by credit card or mail check to Rangemaster, 2611 S. Mendenhall, Memphis, Tn, 38115.
A deposit of $100.00 will hold a space, balance due 15 days before class.