The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 28, 2005, 02:10 PM   #1
Lone Star

Beretta M391 Gold Technys

I bought a Beretta Gold Technys (the hunting model, not the Sporting Clays version) some months ago, and finally got it to the range yesterday. It's a 20 ga.

It functioned fine, with both Express and low-brass loads, and patterned well, especially with Winchester's AA's with 7.5 size shot. I did need to substitute the optional plastic butt plate for the Gel-Tek one to get a better fit to my physique.

I am very satisfied with it. Should I be reporting this here, or are gun forums just for people who have complaints?

Sorry, guys. I just thought that someone should mention a GOOD gun that gave no trouble...

Lone Star
Old April 28, 2005, 04:45 PM   #2
HSMITH

A guy I shoot with occasionally has one. It took a couple hundred rounds for it to settle in but it has been flawless for several thousand rounds since. I shot a couple rounds with it, and liked it a lot. It is a little trimmer in the hand than my Browning Gold Hunter 20, but the balance and swing is virtually identical. REALLY nice guns.
Old April 28, 2005, 08:10 PM   #3
Lone Star

HSMITH-

How often does he take it down and clean it internally? (Remove the barrel and forend)

Lone Star
Old April 29, 2005, 06:28 AM   #4
HSMITH

Lone Star, I honestly don't know but I do know it has seen over 500 rounds on several days and was dirty when the day started. If I had to guess I would say he is like most skeet shooters and cleans his gun every couple months or when it gets wet. I clean my Browning every couple thousand rounds whether it needs it or not, and at the beginning of the pheasant season.