The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old March 10, 2005, 03:42 PM   #26
kennybs plbg

Jungle Work, thanks for the kind words. I was raised in the local VFW watching George Blanda play football in the 60's.
Old March 10, 2005, 04:23 PM   #27
Jungle Work

MK11,
I fairly new to this board, but I find a true lack of Reality and Common Sense among some of the YOUTS on this board. You'r right, I not very smart, but I know what I've seen and done and whether it's right or wrong.
What amazes me is how some of these folks who've never done much, but what their mommies and daddies let them became such X-Purts. If you can "splain" this to me, I'm all ears. I let very little BS slide since the late 60s, I saw too many of my friends killed because of the BS put out by folks who were suppose to know. I just don't suffer fools lightly. I know, I should know better.

Jungle Work
Old March 10, 2005, 05:20 PM   #28
Bullrock

[Quotation]
There are some here who have the been there, done that awards and decorations or have years of experience in dealing with confrontation, some of it armed confrontation.
[End Quotation]

Like John Kerry?

I'm always a little suspicious of folks who set themselves up as having the right hero stuff. Vietnam is over, and I don't really want to hear about it anymore. In my opinion TFL is about guns, not ranting and not guts.

My grandfather was in a Russian prison many years before he escaped to this country. My dad and my cousin were a WWll casualties. My brother served in Korea. My brother in law was killed in Saudi Arabia. My uncle was a retired WWll Army Full Bird.

WWll is the last war the American people fought, because it was the last war when 'everyone' had to sacrifice. I served in the military for 8 years. I'm proud to have served and that's all I care to say about it.

God gave us adrenaline to overcome fear, maybe some have more than others. I certainly think Audie Murphy did. I don't think for a minute the full test of courage is for one man to kill another. It sure as hell isn't anything to brag about.
Old March 10, 2005, 05:34 PM   #29
w4klr

::Standing ovation for BullRock::

BTW, thank you for your family's service.

I agree hands down sir.
Old March 10, 2005, 06:53 PM   #30
Jungle Work

Bull,
Like John Kerry?

I'm always a little suspicious of folks who set themselves up as having the right hero stuff. Vietnam is over, and I don't really want to hear about it anymore. In my opinion TFL is about guns, not ranting and not guts.

Son, all my Heros died in Vietnam.

Maybe you should talk to the owners of this board and suggest that they eliminate the forums you don't like. Maybe they can start a forum on quilting if in the Tactics and Training forum makes you queesy and sick feeling.
There are other forums here besides ones devoted to firearms if you bother to look. As far as you not liking to hear about Vietnam and those who served, that's about typical for many of my age group. I Honor the Service Your Family has given to this Country but, Gee, my father and my uncles served in combat in WWII and Korea. I've had relatives that I know of serving the United States or the Southern States since the War of Northern Aggression. That and $1.00 will buy me a cup of coffee. It's my knowledge of their sacrifice and devotion to duty that makes me proud of them. Maybe you can go down to the local VA Hospital and tell the folks how you feel about them.

I don't think for a minute the full test of courage is for one man to kill another. It sure as hell isn't anything to brag about.

Spoken like at true pacifist. People who say things like this make me want to puke. I sure the young men now serving in the near east would love to hear you speak of their sacrifices for this country and it's people in such terms. You may not honor the men who have served in combat,but I sure the Hell do, but then again that's the difference in you and me. I also honor the men and women who go out each day and protect me and my family from the scum and animals who prey upon the weak and defenseless people of our community. And I sure don't whine and cry about the spilt blood of those who attack our country or it's citizens.

Bull what it boils down to is I'm not as impressed with you as you are yourself. And John Kerry was just one man, I knew many brave and selfless young men who served, lived and died in Vietnam and if you don't want to hear about it, Sin Loi. The true test of courage is how a person lives his life, whether in the military, combat or as a member of his community. Maybe some day you'll understand that.

Jungle Work
Old March 10, 2005, 07:43 PM   #31
Bullrock

[Quotation]
Spoken like at true pacifist. People who say things like this make me want to puke. I sure the young men now serving in the near east would love to hear you speak of their sacrifices for this country and it's people in such terms. You may not honor the men who have served in combat,but I sure the Hell do, but then again that's the difference in you and me. I also honor the men and women who go out each day and protect me and my family from the scum and animals who prey upon the weak and defenseless people of our community. And I sure don't whine and cry about the spilt blood of those who attack our country or it's citizens.
[End Quote]

I got it! You can't read from crying in your beer, Right! And don't call me son, sonny! You don't know me or what my experiences have been. My dad and my cousin died for your right to be born, so why don't you move on. Get rid of the hate and get on with your life.

No need to reply, sonny. I'm not reading anymore of your drunkin puke!
Old March 10, 2005, 07:57 PM   #32
Jungle Work

Bull,
I hope I didn't offend you with the term Son, it just that I promised my eldery mother I'd quit using the term @$$hole so much. Sad about your dad and cousin, but what have you done, son?

Jungle Work
Old March 10, 2005, 09:37 PM   #33
Mannlicher

Unless you have been in the situation where deadly force was required, its hard to say what you would do. There are a lot of reported incidents of everyday folks, that reacted just fine, when it was required. I think I could also.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.".........Ronald Reagan
Old March 10, 2005, 11:26 PM   #34
Marko Kloos
Staff

I believe we've reached our chest-beating quota for this thread.

the munchkin wrangler.
Closed Thread