The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old April 10, 2002, 10:46 AM   #1
Stryker

Pop-Up Targets

Anybody know where I can get an automatic pop-up target system for my range. Alternativly, does anybody know how to build one. I do not have electricity on this land so it would have to be either air operated or 12V. I would rather use batteries and am currently considering car window moters to raise the targets. Anybody have any ideas or suggestions?
Old April 10, 2002, 12:35 PM   #2
KSFreeman

Have you tried Action Target?
Old April 10, 2002, 02:33 PM   #3
Stryker

action target

Thanks for the info KS. I just went there and although they had some neat stuff its going to be just a little bit out of my range (no pun intended). This is a range on my own land strictly for friends and family. Just looking for some way to liven things up a bit.If the window moters will work it would be fairly cheap. and replacement moters easy to find. I could use air but then I would have to find a compressor and put up with listening to it run.
Old December 30, 2004, 11:59 PM   #4
huntershooter

Why does the target have to pop-up/bob?

Why not get a steel target that swings/moves when hit and resets itself. You can use a timer/stopwatch if you want to know the engagement time.
Old January 15, 2005, 03:34 PM   #5
IronLance

I guess it depends on how much you're willing to spend. An excellent battery powered system (albeit expensive) is the LaRue.

http://www.laruetactical.com/laruetargets/