The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 7, 2002, 09:57 AM   #1
stephen b

Redding turret presses

Greetings,
I've narrowed my search down to one of 2 Redding turret presses. Does anyone out there have any experience with both the T-7 and the old reliable Model 25. I still can buy either and I'm not sure that the 7th. hole on the T-7 makes all that amount of difference. I have heard that the T-7 has been redesigned to support the turret head better.
Thanks for the info.

stephen b
Old September 10, 2002, 11:17 PM   #2
MADISON

Redding turret press

If I didn't have 9 Lyman T-Mag presses in use I would buy a REDDING Territ press. I like their new Auto.Priming system.
Old September 11, 2002, 06:36 AM   #3
NG Bruce

Stephen, I have been using a Redding #25 for a number of years and very much like it. In the past I had it set up with a 357 Mag set of dies and a 45 Colt set. Currently I have it set up for 45 Colt only - I have a carbide sizer, an expander die, and 4 seater/crimper dies. I use 4 different bullets in the 45 Colt and don't have to readjust seater/crimpers anymore. If I had the 7th hole I would find a use for it. The old #25 is "hell for stout", but the new T-7 looks better all around, if I was to purchase another turret press I would get the T-7. NG Bruce
Old September 11, 2002, 06:32 PM   #4
Jamie B

T7 Observations

I too have ben interested in the T7. However, I notice on Redding's website that there seems to be no provision for a powder dispenser in their turret setup. Furthermore, when you look at all of their powder measurers, they are all set up on the bench only, not in the press at all.

Looks like the Hornady Lock-N-Load AP is looking more attractive.

Jamie
Old December 1, 2002, 03:40 PM   #5
Thirties

Stephen, did you make a choice?

I'm eagerly watching from the sidelines. a little more reading will get me to your same area -- seems a turret press is in my future. But I still need to understand a bit more bfore jumping in.
Old December 1, 2002, 05:50 PM   #6
Walk Softly

Slightly OT, but does anyone know where you can buy spare turrets for the Redding 25 press for a reasonable price? Redding wants $69 for it and I think that's a little steep. I'm wanting to set up for a couple more calibers and need another turret.
Old December 1, 2002, 09:17 PM   #7
stephen b

Turret Presses

Greetings everyone,
Yes I finally did buy a turret press. I purchased a Redding T7 and like it a lot. It is a very sturdy, well made press. I have used it for about a month now and have found nothing wrong with it in any way. The turret is very well supported in the press yet turns well, and has a very tight detent. The spent primer dispensing system works well enough and the finish on the entire press looks very durable.
I have a auto primming bar on order and am looking forward to trying it out.
Thanks for all your help. Give me a hollar if I can do the same.

stephen b