The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 2, 2002, 10:46 AM   #1
CZ Gunner

ANIB Remington 11-48 .410 PL BBL Price?

I have a friend who has an "ANIB" Remington 11-48 .410 Pl BBl. that he wants to sell. He says it only has about a dozen or so shells through it ("if that").

He's basically just "thinning out the hurd".

What do you think I should offer him?
Old October 2, 2002, 05:31 PM   #2
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Hard to pin down a price. If it's a skeet gun with the upgraded wood, my SWEG would be under $500, more than $300.

Do you intend to collect, shoot or use it as trading material?

Like Model 12s, etc, 11-48s come and go as fashion ebbs and waxes. I've seen a coupla 20 gauges on the SC courses. 410s usually run a bit less than a gauged gun.

The grapevine has it that the 11-48s were dirt sensitive. I dont see why, their action has some parts in common with the 11,a notoriously reliable arm. Good cleaning and lubing should (fingers crossed) keep it perking along.

Good luck, it should be fun on the range...

BTW, last I looked, Gunpartscorp had stocks and other parts....
Old October 3, 2002, 10:08 AM   #3
CZ Gunner

Basically just looking at it as a piece I can shoot once and a while and pass down to my boys -- which are coming along behind me one day. I guess I consider every gun I own a "keeper". I own several shotguns, but mostly current production pieces.

I take good care of all my guns -- so I definately wouldn't be abusing it.

The gun is being offered for sale by one of the people I work with that owns many, many shotguns -- many of which are very rare. He is basically freeing up space and money for more rare pieces.

The blue book is sort of hard to figure on this one ... so I'm looking for more expert opinions.

Thanks!