The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 24, 2002, 03:22 PM   #1
HKguy9

WTK Diff Btw Holosights

What's the difference between the Eotech 500 Standard, 510 Tactical and 550 Military, and the Bushnell Holosight?

What's the relation btw Bushnell and Eotech, I thought the scopes were the same
Old August 24, 2002, 05:52 PM   #2
rocko

I believe the Bushnell Holosight II and Eotech 500 series are idential except for the branding. The 510 series adds a metal protective hood. The 550 series adds additional night vision brightness settings, and in addition to the two up and down buttons controlling brightness, it has a button that toggles between the night vision and normal brightness levels with a single press. The 552 uses AA batteries, all others use N batteries. The AA version is bigger, but you get more running time out of it, I believe 100+ hours vs. only 75 with the N batteries.

I have the 510 series myself - wanted the extra protection of the hood, but don't have any NV equipment. I figure by the time I can afford anything worth using with these scopes, they will be dirt cheap anyways , or the next greatest thing will be out.

Rocko