The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old May 31, 2000, 07:32 PM   #1
NiteSite

Picked up some Aguila brand 12 gage mini shells, each about 1 1/2" long! Cute, but not toys. Info available on Aguila Page, which is owned in part by Remington. Anyhow, have both #7 1/2 shot, and some slugs. After thinking about it, these things really do fill a niche. How have they worked out? Does anyone have some practical experience to relate? Si? Can load a whole bunch in the family pump. :-)

------------------
Old May 31, 2000, 08:25 PM   #2
Hal

My 870 won't cycle them, but others have had some success. I could single load them, but that seemed like a waste in a pump. My dbl barrel coach gun seems to like them. Pretty quiet and easy to shoot. The only local source I found for them in 7 1/2 was quite expensive though, above $5.00 for a box, IIRC, it was closer to $7.00.
Remington Gun Club #8's run $3.00 for a box of 20, cycle in my 870, and are just a bit noiser, so I gave up on the shorty's. I still have 5 or 6 of them for the coach gun. If I ran across some for the right price, I'd pick up more.

[This message has been edited by RAE (edited May 31, 2000).]
Old June 1, 2000, 02:35 AM   #3
C.R.Sam

Aguila mini slugs do not feed in my Remington Mod 10.

They feed quite well in my J.C.Higgins mod 20. ( Hi Standard ? ) It holds 8 in the tube and 50 yd 8 shot group was almost one huge hole in piece of 1/2' plywood. Recoil very mild.

According to Dillon, "they feed flawlessly in Winchester 1300 series guns, Mossberg and Remington pump guns may require minor modification."

Sam