The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 12, 2002, 10:07 PM   #1
Fudgie Ghost

Looking for a holster. . .

for Kahr K9. To take advantage of it's inherent concealability. I am fond of paddle holsters, but not fond of thumb breaks--so, give me your recommendations for a good, comfortable paddle holster for this piece--without a thumbreak.
Old August 13, 2002, 06:18 AM   #2
Jim V

Not a paddle hoslter but contact Lou Alessi at [email protected] and ask about his CQC/S rig. More stable than a paddle holster but can be removed from the belt w/o undoing it.
Old August 14, 2002, 06:19 PM   #3
Walosi

Again, not a paddle holster, but maybe an option for when you are able to cover with a "tail out" garment, or a vest, sweater or sweatshirt. This is the revolver version, but it will be available for the Kahr line. I've worn a 3913 in this position, comfortable, for years and the Kahrs should be comparable.

http://www.acstudios.net/tsimi/apx.html

IWB,the clip goes on the waistband, beside the belt buckle, and the rig rests between the buckle and the hip bone. It adds only two thicknesses of leather to the gun, and the smooth side out allows it to slip slightly as you move, sit or stand, but it stays in place. The clip will hold on a single-ply belt if the waistband fabric is too lightweight.
Old August 14, 2002, 07:24 PM   #4
jthuang

Kramer Leather offers the MSP Paddle for the Kahr ... no retention strap either. I have the MSP Paddle for my G19/23 and it is a very well made holster.

Justin
Old August 14, 2002, 09:09 PM   #5
Fudgie Ghost

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've gotten in touch with Mr. Alessi. He e-mailed me a picture of the CQC/S holster and I think I'm going to order it--looks like what I'm after, and it seems the quality is second to none.