The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 11, 2000, 11:31 PM   #1
house

Is there a place were i can order a trapbarrel longer than 28" and that is ported with a high rib? for a mossberg500.
Old January 12, 2000, 04:41 PM   #2
LongDuck

Boy, that would be a pretty long barrel. I have a Moss500 riotgun w/ 18" barrel and bought a 24" hunting barrel for the gun after the original purchase for dove/quail. The chokes work well with the longer unit and it's a vent rib, but I've never seen a barrel longer than 28" on a shotgun of any design. Do I understand you correctly?

You might try contacting Mossberg directly about the barrel and then have VangCompSystems port it for you. HTH,
Old January 13, 2000, 02:05 PM   #3
saylerman

Can't help with a source for longggg barrels, but wanted to add a little tidbit of info. I have an old (from my Grandfather) Browning pump 12 ga. goose gun that has a full choked 32" bbl. Just haven't seen any long ones lately.

DWJ