View Single Post
Old October 4, 2011, 11:02 AM   #19
Sgt Pepper

I read the DHS "How to Respond" flyer, and it pretty much sums up my ideas on the matter in the same order as me.

#1 - FLEE - Get the hell out of the area as fast as possible if at all possible.

#2 - HIDE - If #1 is not possible, then take cover and hide. If the opportunity for #1 arises, then back to #1.

#3 - FIGHT - If the "it's me or him" situation arises, engage the assailant by whatever means are available in an attempt to stop the threat.

#4 - If still alive and able, start over at #1.

CHL holders are not licensed for the purposes of "intervening" in any situation with a firearm nor are they licensed to kill. Law enforcement persons are "licensed" for the purposes of intervention with deadly force or offensive uses of deadly force. A CHL entitles a civilian to carry a deadly weapon out in public for the sole purpose of self preservation to stop imminent threats of deadly force against your person. The words self, defense, and stop are the key words. Beyond that, you may just be another assailant exposed to law enforcement deadly force and/or subsequent prosecution.

The definition of self as used above may include family members and other third person as the context and local law allow.

Hopefully, my plan is simple enough to execute under duress.

Page generated in 0.03398 seconds with 8 queries