View Single Post
Old April 15, 2013, 01:12 PM   #7
overhead

I suggested an automated system via the internet with a go/no go type answer but it was my idea that it be voluntary and should be run at a state level. It was not very popular here I see no reason I should have to run a background check on a stranger or anyone else that has a CCW, for example. I see no authority in the constitution for the federal government to regulate private sales of any item. If I wish to pay for a private company to do a public records search (or if I wish to do it myself) I can, nothing is stopping landlords or anyone else from doing it.

Here is the problem many have. In 94 we were told we just needed a background check for FFL transfers by dealers. That is all, any reasonable person would go for that, right? Then we had more crime and we need to take it a step further, we need to close "loopholes" like gun shows. Now we have moved on to the "loophole" of private sales. My experience tells me this progression will continue to the point that we need a freaking federal license to own a gun at some point in the future.

Page generated in 0.02222 seconds with 8 queries