View Single Post
Old December 21, 2011, 05:30 PM   #94
Daryl

Quote:
But mostly I think those who openly carry are not doing so for the purpose of self-protection but rather to send some message that is not at all clear or to attempt to intimidate people generally. But I imagine some folks live in more dangerous parts of the country than I do.
No offense intended, but my opinion is that you're wrong.

I started open carrying way back in the early 1980's, years before CCW was even a practical choice. Since concealing was generally illegal, we open carried.

I still carry that way at times for convenience. Has nothing whatsoever to do with intimidating anyone, since I'd have gotten over that years ago, even if it was on my mind.

Don't get me wrong; I do conceal at times, and in some places. I don't even need a permit to do so here in Az, although I've kept a valid permit since 1996.

Lots of people open carry here in Az, and I give them no more thought than I do to my own open carry preference when that's my choice.

It really isn't that big of a deal, and I'm by no means the only one who feels the way I do. I started open carrying because it was the only legal option, and I still open carry at times because it's still a legal option.

The "problem" only exists in the minds of eletists who think everyone should have a permit to exercize their constitutional rights.

Daryl

Page generated in 0.03669 seconds with 8 queries