View Single Post
Old October 28, 1998, 08:23 PM   #3
Rosco Benson

One of my shooting partners just set up a 16" Colt flat-top (post-ban...couldn't hurt a fly
of course). He mounted an ARMS swan sleeve (the normal 8" one) and then mounted a Leupold 1.5 x 6 using ARMS QD rings (in the "high" model...with "inserts" to adapt the 30mm rings to the 1" scope tube). It has worked out well for him. The high rings were needed so the scope's ocular bell would clear the folded down sight on the swan sleeve. This results in the centerline of the scope being just a little bit higher than the normal A2 aperture. For me, I would go with a 10" swan sleeve and medium height ARMS QD rings. This would let me get the scope a bit lower and a bit farther forward (I tend to really climb a stock).

The rifle's front sight does not show up in the scope.

You won't be seeing any more GG&G mounts with the flip-up sight. ARMS sued 'em and they had to cease production. They do offer rails with removeable rear sights (but then you have to stow the thing somewhere). I find it a little amusing that Hilton would gripe about having to flip up a rear sight, in the same paragraph with mentioning a "red dot" sight that one must "turn on" before use.

Rosco

Page generated in 0.02076 seconds with 8 queries