Thread: 357sig Loading
View Single Post
Old February 26, 2013, 07:24 AM   #20
HookedOnTheOutdoors

357 sig reloading

I didn't notice the domed ones until I had already punched them out of the cases. I believe they were all Winchester Small Pistol Magnums and that there would have been 3 with 7.6 gr and 1 with 7.9. I only loaded one max load with each brand of mag primer. I wasn't sure how it was going to go.

One of the things that I have learned during this project is that your data is only as good as the way its prepared, tested, and recorded. From now on I am keeping each recipe bagged separately until I am satisfied that I have gotten all the info I can from them.

My guess is that those Winchester rounds were overpressure? Its interesting because I think they turned in the lower velocity average between them and the CCI / Federal mag primers.

I've seen the AA#9 suggestions several times. My problem is that I ended up with 11 LBS of Unique thanks to Natchez Shooters Supply refusing to cancel a 1 day old order. Anyways, between the expense of the Glock 23, the drop in barrel, a few hundred dollars of powder and a chrony I have managed to where my wife's understanding down to a point that I really don't want to test it further. The Unique will work, I just have to be careful how I go about it I guess. That's why I'm on here. There seems to be a lot of experienced members that are willing to lend a hand.

I will post more accurate data after my new round of tests.

Page generated in 0.03236 seconds with 8 queries