View Single Post
Old April 13, 2008, 12:46 PM   #56
Covert Mission

Quote:
Having said that, I have represented Mongols, Outlaws, and Bandidos for wrecks, they or family members, were involved in.
Even criminal have rights, of course. I just don't like outlaw bikers, period. The biggest organized crime group in Canada, for example, is the Hell's Angels. The Bandidos and Mongols, et al, are what they are...criminal gangs, no debate. Maybe your clients have been polite and well-paying, but in the end they are still criminal scumbags, and I couldn't be a defense lawyer or represent them for that reason. My personal blind spot. I don't like criminals, great clients or not, though I do understand they have the right to redress if wronged. Someone else would have to represent them other than me, I think.

I do hear you, re: your other examples of bad clients. I'm sorry some of them call themselves "Christian" when they behave like that; they are not. Christians--and I call myself one--are never perfect, but there are too many hypocrites in the world, and too many Christians among them. Of course, we are commanded to "love our neighbor" even if they are Hell's Angels...no easy task. Hate the sin, love the sinner. They will he judged by a higher authority than Man's Law, I believe, and I wouldn't want to be them. Those who work in prison ministry have my admiration, working with the worst of the worst.

Page generated in 0.02372 seconds with 8 queries