View Single Post
Old November 12, 2007, 01:28 PM   #4
Tim R

Quote:
All serious competitive shooters shot reloaded ammunition. There might be one or two who are so wealthy that they shoot factory everywhere, but the norm is reloads. And if you ever see their groups, it can be awesome.
I agree with Slamfire 100%. I would not cheap out on the dies and scale.

Savings can be unbelieveable. When I was shooting my tuned 308 M-1, Federal Match was about $22.00 + tax on a box of 20. I would need 88 rounds per match so I would need a 100, nice to have a few left over in case something happened and had to refire a string. Reloading the same 100 rounds was about $44.00 not buying in bulk.

The old standby for a bolt gun is 42 grs of IMR 4064 with a Federal match primer. I would also try Wolf (read good reviews and reportably Tubbs is using them) CCI and Remington Bench rest primers to see which one works the best. This all starts a Serria 168 Match King.

I'm currently, although a bit slow at it, working on a 308 load using Reloader 15 for my M-1. Varget showed promise as well. I now shoot a tuned AR which is way cheaper to shoot and has no recoil.

Page generated in 0.03248 seconds with 8 queries