View Single Post
Old March 20, 2013, 05:16 PM   #39
jmstr

Viper99: I like that aspect of my Sig P225 also. My Ruger P97DC is the same way, but is slide mounted.

Tgreening: the Mag Research Baby Eagle I just sold [darned kids: needed money] had a slide-mounted safety/decocker as you describe. Leave it down and the safety is on, where it pulls the firing pin away from the hammer. Flip the safety up and you are ready to fire. Hammer back after 5 shots and you rotate the safety lever down to decock the handgun, and leave it safe.

By the way, the Walther P38/P1 has the same type of slide mounted safety design. That and the barrel locking block seem to have been borrowed by the Beretta.

However, as was stated: these [Beretta 92/96, Walther P1/P38, Baby Eagle] are not decockers. They are decocker/safetys.

The Sig is a straight decocker only [on most of their p-series, but not all], and the Ruger P97dc is a decocker only. The firing pin block is what keeps the gun from discharging if dropped with the hammer down on a loaded chamber. Pull the trigger, FPB is bypassed and it will fire.

Page generated in 0.02799 seconds with 8 queries