View Single Post
Old July 5, 2001, 10:18 AM   #21
Long Path

Not to sound like a shill for the Boss-Man (I ain't makin' a dime off this stuff!), but the first S.W.A.T. I've read in years was this July issue... and I was VERY impressed.

Folks, this ain't the pulpy lurid magazine of the past. The writing's good, the photography is good and actually portrays images that I can make sense out of.

I'm L.E.O., so of course I'm a sucker for this stuff. But there's a lot of things that the regular gunowner who's interested in tactics and weaponry will find interesting. The range is incredibly broad, in one issue alone! Perfect split between weapons reviews and tactics discussion. Even a significant nod to those who choose to carry antique arms.

I was impressed to learn that, in the quest for objectivity, S.W.A.T. refuses to accept free test specimens.

So the current stuff is easily as good and mostly better than what's out there... but Rich (oh, I'm sorry-- "Group One" ) steps in as Publisher, and says: "Make it better!" I have it on very good authority that Rich is focused on the future image of that magazine as being the benchmark in the field. He has a vision of how he wants it, and will continue to subtley mould it until he achieves that vision-- just as he did The Firing Line.

Impressed, I look forward to the NEXT issues!

--L.P.

Last edited by Long Path; July 5, 2001 at 10:42 AM.
Long Path is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02970 seconds with 8 queries