View Single Post
Old July 9, 2006, 03:19 AM   #1
Doubletaptap

Hello Fellow Reloaders!!!

I was directed here by my search engine and WOW!!!! I found gold!!!
All these knowing minds to pick at!!!!!
I recently purchased a "Hee Hee!!! "Varmint Special Bushymaster in .223/5.56
I'm not interested in the 5.56 at this time but I do want to re-load some .223 target and maybe a wild Hawg load for it.
I have reloading experience from a hundred years ago. I did 300 Win. mags for my Tikka target shooter! Actually it was a deer rifle but it was MY target rifle....and it stomped the crap outa me every trip to the range!!! I loved to hear that 26" tapered barrel just rattle the windows in the range house when she'd beller!!!!

Now I got me a rifle XM15 E2S with a 24" hoohah!!! Barrel and all, and it already shoots better than I do with factory fodder. It's one year old,barely fired,I got a good price!! Bushmaster Stainless Varmint Special!!!SWEET!
The original owner put the 9 7/8" skeleton stock on it and it has a 4 1/4" flash hider that's aftermarket.
Chrome chamber and barrel bore!!!!Free floatin' tack driver!!

I need to know the secrets of making a solid,dependable .223 cartridge that will repeat shot after shot at a target from 25yds. out to 200 yds. (so far)
I have once fired Rem, Win and Monarch,and a few Hornady brass now but plan on getting set up with new stuff.

I need to know,
about crimping dies, a good one for a mag fed semi-auto.

Full size or neck size with this rifle only?

"Strectching" the length to almost touch the riflings? Good? How much? Into the riflings?

Stuff like that.
I have been reading these forums for a few days and I have enjoyed so much I wanted to join in!!!
I liked the MMM crap, that was a lesson in how bad things could get,if unknowing/ignorant people are allowed to be heard in public. That sports dude has a serious problem!!!!

I'll be asking questions as i go, Nice meeting all of you here!!
Thanks for all the info I already have on the subject!! What a great group!!
I'm at Muzzleloader Magazine Forum the Campfire also, and a member of The Texas Predator Posse.
That's where this sweet rifle will come in handy too!!!
Shoot on fellers,and ladies if you're here too!!!!!!.

Page generated in 0.03054 seconds with 8 queries