View Single Post
Old May 15, 2011, 05:04 PM   #1
Hardcase

Something scary happened yesterday

Yesterday (Saturday) was a pretty big day. We had a charity shooting event at the range to raise money for breast cancer treatment. Over the past four years, we've raised over $15,000, so the shooting community is very supportive.

After the event, I hotfooted it over to the semi-monthly gun show that another club hosts at the local fairgrounds. While I was there, almost the worst thing that you can imagine happened. A guy bought a gun at the show, took it out to his truck, loaded it and accidentally shot himself in the chest. When I left the show, the paramedics were desperately trying to save him, but he died at the scene.

I'm posting this here because I consider all of you my friends, even though I haven't met any of you personally. But I'd like to be able to have that chance, someday, so I just wanted to remind everyone to please be careful and deliberate while handling your firearms. Yesterday's news was terrible to hear and I'd hate to hear it about any of you, your families or your friends.

Please take care.

Page generated in 0.03243 seconds with 8 queries