View Single Post
Old January 9, 2010, 10:49 PM   #21
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

I guess a more recent event ranks up there for me...

I decided to shoot a particularly brave/stupid cottontail rabbit with my .22 lr. Since it has the see thru scope rings and the shot was only 25-30 feet I aimed a tad higher than usual to compensate for the couple inches higher objective...

He had his back to me exactly facing away. When I shot he did a full front flip as was expected unless he would have fell right over.

I inspect them closely for flea infestation before giving them to one of several bulldogs. I also like to find entrance and exit wounds to verify my aim. He not only was free of fleas, he had no bullet wound. Not even a skinned scalp or body. This was a hollow point and I have never had one not leave an obvious massive wound.

I decided it had to be fright related death or possibly as the bullet passed by, an air pressure spike killed him or knocked him out and he stayed unconscious long enuff for me to get him to the bulldog who looked for a wound as she normally utilized it as a starting point before she gave up and just chomped the head.
Brent

Page generated in 0.05690 seconds with 8 queries