View Single Post
Old January 10, 2012, 11:21 AM   #1
MOshooter65202

Central Mo. Wild hogs??

I was talking to our neighbor turns out he looked in his front yard where he saw a wild hog?? The neighbor quickly grabbed his rifle headed outside where the hog then took off running towards the creek,the young neighbor chased the hog on foot towards the creek where he was able to get a shot and killed the 150# Hog!!

I was really surprised to hear of hogs in our part of the state?? I have heard and read through our conservation dept. that we have hogs in southern mo.,but never heard of hogs in the central part of the state?

Times sure have changed with the different animals that are now present in our state? We now have black bears,armadillos,hogs,mountain lions,and a large population of bob cats?..When I was kid growing up here in the late 60's and early 70's you were lucky to see a deer(deer track) or a wild turkey.

I live in the central part of Missouri near Columbia,MO.,next to a creek(cedar creek) which travels many miles before emptying into the MO. river...On this creek I have seen a mountain lion and armadillos,I guess the hogs are here now??

Page generated in 0.03535 seconds with 8 queries