View Single Post
Old May 27, 2012, 10:59 AM   #10
Mike / Tx

I remember umteen years ago putting together some Zero 146gr HBWC's with the bases forward in both 38SPL and some for the .357. Neither load was stoked up much more than the starting loads but both were VERY effective.

I used quite a few of them to dispatch rouge coons which felt they simply HAD to climb up the legs of my feeders and destroy the motor and control unit. Most were so intent on tearing it off they paid little attention to me walking up to within 10 feet or closer. The 38SPL loads would dump them with not so much of a wiggle and weren't much more than clap of the hands for noise, and wouldn't penetrate through a decent 12-18 pound coon. The .357's were a bit stouter, and were very accurate out to around 30yds. The simply made too much of a mess of thm for general use. I did however keep six of them loaded up in the house gun for when I was out of town and the wife and daughter were home alone.

Those you have there, with a good alloy, should easily equal or better the ones I had years ago. Be sure to post up the rest or your experiences with them. I'm intrigued by your last post on being puzzled by the alloy.

Page generated in 0.03688 seconds with 8 queries