View Single Post
Old September 25, 2011, 10:26 PM   #2
rjrivero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawfficer
Issue: With the suppressor on, I have no problems with the gun and shooting off a bag rest I can get a 1/2" to 1" group with no problems. They all are grouped nicely like they should be. But When I put the suppressor on, I get a Chaotic pattern of randomness to say the least. It will litteraly scatter the rounds at 100yds. Some rounds are as far up as 5" from the point of impact without the can. And then some are up and off center, but they are almost always raised. (Shooting Federal Fusion 165Gr)
Presuming you have good accuracy without the suppressor, and erratic patterns WITH the suppressor, I would presume that the threads aren't concentric with the bore resulting in baffle strikes.

Take a look at the suppressor and look for "shiny fins" on the baffles. You may have to look from both the front and the back end. If the baffle strikes are really bad, you may have pieces of the copper jacket left behind/rattling in the can.

You could also remove the bolt, put the suppressor on and look down the bore to see if there are any issues with baffles in the way of the bore.

The other thing that *could* be an issue is the can not being secured tightly and backing off during firing. (Much less likely by the description you provided.)

Page generated in 0.02686 seconds with 8 queries