View Single Post
Old September 13, 2012, 08:57 AM   #19
DaleA

If the Glock fits your hand I'd say go for it.

'Internet hysteria' I think was a good phrase to use. The Glock is a SERIOUS self defense gun that has lots of pluses going for it. *Lots* of police departments use them although I don't think many go for the .45 caliber. If Glocks were really Kaboom machines I believe Glock would be out of business by now.

Personally I like 1911's better for shooting at the range and revolvers for self defense but that is just a plain old personal prejudice and should be considered as the quirks an old guy developes over time.

My 1911's have been older ones and IMhO have been very reliable. This includes buying several $5 magazines at gun shows (most worked fine - some didn't and got tossed) and my own handloads. While working up the handloads some worked and many had problems but I always figured the 1911 itself had to be reliable with its tremendous history of use. Of course your experience with your guns may be different.

For anybody looking for a 1911 I always recommend the Springfield Range Officer:

http://www.springfield-armory.com/19...ngeOfficer.htm

just because I really like the looks of it and the price.

Page generated in 0.03542 seconds with 8 queries