View Single Post
Old September 28, 2009, 05:06 PM   #5
Skans

Quote:
Have you considered a used O/U in the same price range?
I have and still am. But, I can't seem to find any used 12 gauge O/U's for $360. I might wait until the next gun show in my area and see what I can find. Only problem is the last time I checked, there were hardly any O/U's at the gun show I attended.

Gander Mtn. has the Stoger Condor for $360. It "almost" fits me - the stock is going to have to be cut down some, something that I might attempt on one of these guns. If it's a loaner, it's not going to fit whoever is borrowing it anyway, so I might as well size it for me. The barrel length is fine. It does seem a little heavy, maybe it's just not balanced.

One barrel that has a significantly different point of impact than the other is a real problem - that just amounts to a total waste of money. I'd have to check to see if that's covered by warranty and ask more about that.

I really want something in the $300 range, even if it's used and beat up, so long as it functions and can be fitted to me. If I can't find that, then I'm just going to can the idea. This isn't a gun that I need - basically just an extra knock-around.

Page generated in 0.03592 seconds with 8 queries