View Single Post
Old June 26, 2009, 03:37 PM   #5
paraklete

I “inherited” my Model 65 from my dad (Alzheimer’s had it stored under his bed for who knows how long and he doesn’t remember anything about it) and knowing my dad, I was unsure of the gun’s condition (he would take things that weren’t working in trade at a discount with the intention to “fix them later” many times). I had mine looked at by a gunsmith and after MUCH soaking to removed built up carbon and such, I have it back.

It rivals my M1 Garand in how much fun it is to shoot. With the scope that was installed on it when I got it, it seems like “taking pictures”… <grin>. As fast as you can pull the trigger, those little bullets pop down range in easy view through the scope… It is also fun to watch other people try to figure out how to open the bolt...

According to the research I have done (not extensive, but a little), the only ones that have a military connection will have USMC on the top of the barrel.

Also, be careful buying magazines for it if you don’t want to do some modifications. The mags for the later models (M165) have a small square of metal on the front of the mag that will not allow it to seat all the way into the gun. The mags that are made for it have an angled piece (i.e. like a ramp with the “low” end toward the top of the mag and the high end toward the bottom of the mag, the bottom end hooks in the mag release and holds it in place). If you get the mags with the square block, they can be ground to fit, probably with a Dremel tool.

Page generated in 0.03952 seconds with 8 queries