View Single Post
Old January 31, 2015, 03:46 PM   #1
Marlin97

Superb cerebral training tool

I am a strong supporter of Ayoob's basic ranking of skill set priorities. The most important skill for self defense or gun fighting is situational awareness (stay away from bad areas), then sound tactics, then shot placement (marksmanship), then gun selection, then ammo selection.
Simply put, the training that I consider the most valuable/beneficial does not need ammo. Rather, the practice of thinking through various scenarios while under stress and making the correct decisions which covers the first two skills listed above.

If you are motivated to perform at least a little realistic training in the use of a firearm for self defense, you may be interested in a tool that I have found. I think my mental preparedness increased tremendously after just one session in an electronic shooting simulator. The full room size laser based setup. There is one near where I live here in the DFW metroplex. The place is called DFW Shooters Academy in Highland Village near Flower Mound.
The mental aspect of gun fighting is what most of us believe to be the most important. Even Wild Bill Hickok said that. Anyone with an interest in real training and not just the macho bs part of this hobby will want to give it a look see. They will give a free test run demo. I highly recommend the use of this training aid for the brain. It is like getting experience in deadly force encounters without the legal fees.

Page generated in 0.03401 seconds with 8 queries