View Single Post
Old September 7, 2013, 08:23 AM   #8
bt380

I think the Lee is a great press and if treated right, will provide lots of service. Preventative maintenance care is important for all presses and makes for a more pleasant hobby. The Lee Classic Turret provides a lot of options. It is to me, a single stage press that I don't have to keep switching dies on since the dies cycle around as work progresses on a single round one step at a time. Removing the index rod makes it into a single stage for cycling thru resizing/depriming before cleaning brass. After cleaning, the press can be used with just the powder stage, powder cop of choice, separate seat and crimp stage all the while treating the single round to a revolving die set.
-
The turret also lets you do precision rounds in a single minded approach for clarity of focus.
-
For quickness and ease, the Hornady LNL AP is hard to beat since the upgrades have made it more resilient. One does need to go thru the instruction, the videos, and the you-tube adjustment phases. The best Hornady instructional/maintenance video series is 76highboy on youtube. The LNL AP is versatile making it a whole lot of fun to use.
-
Combining the Lee Classic Turret options and teaming w/ Honrnady LNL AP makes for a fun reloading hobby.
-
No doubt the RCSB and others have their combination benefits and are good presses as well.
-
Reloading and learning more variations w/ presses, bullets, powders, etc are some times more fun than the shooting.

Page generated in 0.03337 seconds with 8 queries