Thread: December
View Single Post
Old October 30, 2005, 06:23 PM   #2
Barry in IN

I have zero desire to train under him. Still, I have to wonder why so many do.
Suarez has quite a following. That's hard to miss.
After his, um, "legal indiscrections" of recent years, which would destroy most people's reputations, I wondered how he could survive in the training world.
Instead, he thrived, and has devotees all over.

When I first saw the article, I wondered what SWAT was coming to. But I wanted to read it to see if I could tell how he got such a following.
Surely, he must be the greatest instructor who ever lived.

Apparently not. I'm shocked.
Really, I was surprised, and thought there must be something good. I still don't have any firsthand knowledge, and have to rely on the writer's word.
But if 5% is true, it's plenty.
The questionable instruction would be enough, but the safety issues are on another level.
When something goes wrong, it reflects on all of us.

For those who haven't seen the article-
After allowing numerous muzzle sweepings by students without comment or concern, Suarez stood next to a terrorist target while a student fired seven head shots into it from his Beretta.
His comment on why he does that was something like- to remember what combat was like.

I couldn't resist having a look at his forum, to see if there was anything about this article. Yes, only 14 pages worth!
I couldn't stand to read past the first six pages. Based upon those comments, the SWAT article was written by someone who was overly concerned with safety, and was only printed because everyone is jealous of Suarez.

That's fine. Let them throw money at him, and think they've found something.
Let him take their money, inflate his ego, and watch the bullets go by.
Barry in IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02940 seconds with 8 queries