View Single Post
Old November 6, 2004, 11:44 PM   #7
gifted

Quote:
pulse phaser in the 40 watt range, carry battries not ammo
I'm not that far yet. The smallest energy weapons available at the time are the fasers on the mechas(figures I'd have some of those, right? ). Energy isn't efficient enough for personnel weapons, even with power armor. Though a plasma torch, as a multipurpose tool, may be practical.

Something like the P90 would make sense, strapped to the off-side forearm. Something the size of an M60 would be practical for independent carry, though with something like an M2, it would be mounted on a pivot on the arm. Locked in place, it can be fired independently, or you can use both hands for better accuracy.

GeorgeF, how's the loadout I suggested:
Possible sensitive weapon: 5.7mm
GP weapon: M2HB(possibly dual feed with regular ball and SLAP)
Heavy: 2 Javelin AT missiles, 12 2.75in rockets, or a MetalStorm cluster of 40mm barrels, probably about 70 rounds.

The way I'm seeing the armor, it has several hardpoints. The forearms each have one, the off-side one being much lighter. Each shoulder would have one, the off-side one being the heavier and most used one, giving more flexibility with the primary weapon. There would be a backpack type assembly for various equipment, possibly a jump-jet pack or some such. The thighs would each have one, for thrown grenades and such, as well as the upper arms. You can also do such things as strap on extra armor.

Page generated in 0.05248 seconds with 8 queries