View Single Post
Old May 27, 2012, 07:36 AM   #43
madcratebuilder

Quote:
Quote:
But I don't think a half dozen, or even a dozen weapons a year wouldn't qualify as "making a livelihood" from it...

With absolute certainty the ATF will disagree with the above statement.
If you are selling a dozen guns a year and doing the buying on your FFL-03 they WILL consider you a dealer. Say hi to Bubba for me at the gray bar hotel
That is not correct Don. I sell two or three C&R's every month. I buy three or four C&R's every month. Most sales show a very small profit, a few show a lot.

I had over 150 C&R qualified fire arms when I obtained my C&R FFL so I may be in a unique situation. I've taken my bound book to the local ATF office and discussed buying and selling. Bottom line, as long as I'm not buying with the intent to sell, it's A-OK.

ETA: If you want to buy and sell a few guns each month then do not get a FFL. A bud of mine is a wheeler dealer in C&R's and ammo. ATF has talked to him more than once. He is fine as long as his sales meet legal requirements. He buys/sells 60-80 guns a year. He basically tells ATF this is his hobby, he does not make any money from it(key) and to screw off. So far, it's worked.

Last edited by madcratebuilder; May 27, 2012 at 07:43 AM.

Page generated in 0.03452 seconds with 8 queries