Thread: What to do?
View Single Post
Old April 28, 1999, 04:48 PM   #37
Spectre
Staff Alumnus

Jim,

Sir, I must respectfully disagree. I got into an extensive argument with Jack Fuselier on this basic idea several months ago. I stated that having some hand-to-hand training is an advantage, because one has the ability to escalalate the situation. If one has a firearm, you have (essentially- I do believe in striking with firearms, as well!) only a shoot/no shoot option. I am personally of the opinion that I will never draw my gun unless I plan on using it, and I will not point my gun at any target I do not intend to perforate immediately.

I believe that "less lethal" tools such as chemical agent (carried by many CCL/CHL holders) and canes can often resolve a situation without resorting to gunplay. If they cannot resolve the situation, perhaps they can give the time to make a clean presentation and take the shot.

Because of the nature of our current legal system, I am willing to assume more risk than most would be happy with. I would rather risk dying tonight than dying a lingering death after meeting "Bubba and the boys" in the big house. This means that I will attempt to use every means besides lethal force if I have any choice-unless other lives are at stake. I have a moral obligation, law be damned, to protect innocents in my circle of influence (bubble).

Page generated in 0.05622 seconds with 8 queries