View Single Post
Old December 29, 2012, 11:05 AM   #1
Recon7

Recommendations on 9mm practice load

I just recently started reloading and have found it a pleasure. I bought a Lee Classic Turret and have been loading 115gn Berrys plated round nose bullets over 5.2gn Ramshot True Blue. I worked up from 4.6gn using my Lee Pro auto disk powder measure one aperture at a time and see no need to go up .40cc which should put me just at the never exceed load in 2nd ed modern reloading. I am using cci 500 small pistol primers.

I am on my second box of 250 Berrys plated bullets and still have enough powder and primers for another 500 rounds after I am done with those. I am looking to buy some bullets in bulk, probably the cheapest things i can find in the right quantity aside from lead which I will hold of a while for as I am a new reloader and shoot a Glock. Ideally something that will work good with the powder I already have, but I don't mind experimenting.

So into the question down in paragraph 3, what are your favorite 9mm loads for range ammo, and specifically is there any real benefit to spending a bit more for heavier bullets in the 124 or 147gn range or different constructions such as the flat point or hollow base bullets? I understand the flat point bullets may make cleaner holes in paper, but i don't know if its enough to justify the cost or the trouble of adjusting my dies to a different OAL. I am not sure what the hollow base thing is all about, but I'm not looking for match accuracy just yet.

Page generated in 0.02303 seconds with 8 queries