View Single Post
Old July 8, 2013, 12:30 AM   #94
maestro pistolero

Quote:
George Zimmerman by most accounts started the incident by making contact or speaking to Martin. My point(as a former MP & licensed security officer for nearly 20 years) is that GZ did not have probable cause to stop Martin or do a "field interview".
By NO account, anywhere, did Zimmerman ever make direct contact with Martin until Martin approached HIM.

I respectfully suggest we familiarize ourselves with the evidence before making posts such as the above. It will make for a much more meaningful discussion.

Quote:
Because of his decisions to carry a pistol on his neighborhood watch patrol, to follow Martin, to NOT 'hang back' and let the police arrive and do their jobs, it became necessary for him to take a life.
His decision to carry a gun has no bearing whatsoever on whether it was necessary to take a life to survive. It merely enabled him to do what he had to when it became necessary for his survival. Such an argument is tantamount to saying that having a fire extinguisher caused the fire.

Quote:
Zimmerman chose to approach him at night, and we don't know what he said or did. He could have acted in a manner that spooked Martin.
I continue to be surprised by the number of people who assume or claim, as fact, that Zimmerman ever directly approached Martin. There is no evidence that Zimmerman ever directly approached or contacted Martin, OR ANY OTHER SUSPICIOUS PERSON in his numerous calls to the police in his NHW role.

Even if he had, absent more, it wouldn't have begun to justified a brutal, unprovoked and relentless beating.

Last edited by maestro pistolero; July 8, 2013 at 12:41 AM.

Page generated in 0.02121 seconds with 8 queries