View Single Post
Old April 30, 2010, 08:25 PM   #14
Hewhois

It's not a 1" group, but it's not bad 25 yards using a modified weaver stance (two handed, no rest), 6 shots, .44mag Colt Anaconda 8" barrel with a HoloSight. .44mag round included for scale:

I'm working at 50 yards now. Personal goal is to get 12 shots in the 9 ring or better. Why 12? Well, it's easy to get lucky on a 3 shot group. It's hard to get all 12 in, but I enjoy the attempts

Here's my best 50 yard try so far, using a modified weaver stance (two handed, no rest), 12 shots, .44mag Colt Anaconda 8" barrel with a HoloSight. Shoot 3 shots then check spotting scope while resting for the next 3 shots, and so on:

Once I get all 12 in, then I'll be trying my luck at 100 yards. But at 100yds, I'll probably drop the goal down to just 6 rounds within the 8 ring though, lol.

IMO, a good site makes a huge difference. Also, the target/site combo must work well together. You need a good contrast and good cues to line up against.

Reloading ammo to precise tolerances would also help, currently I am using factory ammo, but plan on reloading again sometime.

Page generated in 0.03439 seconds with 8 queries