View Single Post
Old September 26, 2002, 01:56 PM   #42
BigG

Gewehr, you may be right. I just cannot figure out how the receiver ring and everything else got blown apart if the round was not overpressure. I could see the bbl SPLITTING if it was such a POS, but the receiver ring should have stopped the chamber from coming apart. The cartridge appears to have DETONATED in the chamber like TNT or other high explosive. Some of the action should have held together if the bbl alone was at fault. But, that rifle is demolished.

I am not an expert but I am amazed!!! Like pop always said, you learn something new every day.
o "The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching." Assyrian tablet, c. 2800 BC

o "In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain

o "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" Paul Harvey

o TODAY WE CARVE OUT OUR OWN OMENS! Leonidas, Thermopylae, 480 BC

Page generated in 0.03072 seconds with 8 queries