View Single Post
Old November 18, 2011, 11:49 AM   #27
Rick W.

Ya, I'm going to be taking my time finding a mount for it, but I definately don't want a permanant mount to mess the gun up by drilling and tapping. The 1944 Long Branch Enfield I bought was sporterized by someone prior to me having it. They did a pretty decent job, but I have some drill holes in my receiver. I almost didn't buy it just because of that, but everything else was done good. It has a Marble Arms front sight with a 1/16 bead, with the ramp. It also still has the factory flip up/flip down, micro click, 300 yard to 1300 yard, factory rear sight. It has a 22" barrel(cut off)and the overall length of it is at 41 1/2". It also has the(factory?)2 stage trigger, which is real comfortable to use. It is all matching serial numbers, including the bottom of the magazine too. The dates on these pictures are not correct. I forgot to change the date on the camera after I put new batteries in it.

It's nice, but I have no idea why someone decided to sporterize it when it has completely matching serial numbers. My Mn 91/30 also has completely matching serial numbers, so I don't want to make permanant changes to it too. I had a chance to buy a 91/30 a while back, but on the left side of the receiver someone tried to install a scope mount on it. There was 2 holes driled into it that were about 3/8" round. They only wanted $140.00 for this bubbarized thang(sarcasm!)!! Needless to say, I passed on buying it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005.JPG (44.6 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg 008.JPG (54.7 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg 014.JPG (49.2 KB, 85 views)

Last edited by Rick W.; November 18, 2011 at 01:06 PM.

Page generated in 0.03591 seconds with 9 queries