View Single Post
Old September 20, 2011, 10:42 AM   #1
Vermonter

Desantis Holster Review

I recently purchased a Ruger LC9. Being left handed and wanting a belt holster I did not have many options. One of the only production model belt holsters that Ruger specifically calls out as a fit to the LC9 was a Desantis.

The holster model is the Mini scabbard Left handed belt holster model # 019BBV5Z0. I ordered it on Thursday around lunch time when i typically surf the inter-webs. Total price to me including shipping was $55 including shipping.

My thinking was that I was sacrificing quality with this "leather" holster. I needed something and figured this would work until I could get a custom rig.

I received the holster Friday via GROUND SHIPPING. I must be about five miles from the factory and not know it because this is the fastest turnaround time I have ever seen.

What I have is a quality holster that does a better job of concealing the LC9 than my fobus does in concealing my LCP. Retention is impeccable and I tested this at length "with an unloaded gun of course".

Bottom line is this. I am researching their mini scabbard line of holsters for every handgun I own and am a real fan. You cannot go wrong for the price and with so few left handed options out there I am pleased.

Regards, Vermonter

Page generated in 0.05376 seconds with 8 queries