View Single Post
Old January 15, 2010, 04:54 PM   #86
Dragon55

Yes but...

Quote:
the courts made a mistake and you all know better sitting 3000 miles away and having half the story posted in a gun rights newspaper in Georgia. Sounds a little silly doesn't it?
Even though I'm 3000 miles away I can still read the appeals decision and the thinking they used to arrive there. The document is readily available on this thread in 3 places.

I am not one that believes that just because someone loses in court that justice was served. In Schubert's case it was not. I'm not sure if he really believed he would win anyway. As Antipitas pointed out he's not much of a lawyer because he didn't cite several violations in the appeal that he could have.

There are numerous problems noted in the appeals document. Not the least of which was the fact they alluded to of not being able to verify a state issued permit. Also, an officer that was just too arrogant, or self important, or power tripping or just plain lazy to put in the effort to confirm the permit that turned out to BE REAL!

No, I'm sorry but if an officer of the law can relinquish me of my property be it a firearm, a vehicle, or anything else requiring a permit that I HAVE THE PERMIT for then I have been wronged and someone in authority should at least apologize. They did not do that. Schubert had a snowball's chance on any money anyway. It just astounds me that the court acknowledged absolutely no wrong doing whatsoever.

Page generated in 0.03521 seconds with 8 queries