View Single Post
Old December 3, 2005, 08:02 AM   #5
Tim R

I read your post again. I've been shooting indoor .22 for several years now. I shoot rifle much better by the way but it is cheap fun.

One thing to do is find out what .22 your pistol likes the best. You don't need to buy the most expensive either. I found my pistols, a Smith 41 and a Buckmark 5.5 Target will shoot CCI Standard to an acceptable level. CCI Standard goes off all the time which is important.

The 41 will shoot a little tighter with T-22 but there is too many duds. The Buckmark likes PMC Scoremaster the best but I can't get it here and the 41 won't run on it anyways.

Dot sight. You will need a dot sight which has a 4 MOA dot or less. There are a bunch out there that will work but I believe a good one is important.

I spend a lot of time working on the slow fire stage. Slow fire seems to make or break a guys score. The timed and rapid fire stages seem to come along Ok on their own as long as you can fire a good slow fire.

It takes a few years to come up to the top of the pile of shooters. Everyone starts at the bottom of the heap so to speak so don't get discouraged if there is some old guy smoking your shorts.

My own goal is to shoot 270's or better. I shot a 290 once in practice. It seems when the numbered targets go up my scores go in the dump. Numbered targets are the only ones we can turn in for the league.

Page generated in 0.03542 seconds with 8 queries