View Single Post
Old December 9, 2012, 09:37 PM   #26
Mike38

Quote:
Don't you think it would be more worthwhile to have a more fulfilling goal for your resolution than to shoot 350 rounds a day?
Exactly my thought.

Years back I took a United States Army Marksmanship Unit small arms pistol course. The main instructor was ranked High Master in Conventional Pistol. He gave four hours lecture, and four hours range. Early in his lecture he made a comment that made my jaw drop, but after he explained himself, it became perfectly clear. He said….

“Practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.”

After I scraped my jaw up off the floor, he went on to say that if you can walk up to your firing point and put ten shots into the X-ring at 50 yards, you just executed perfect practice. Load up your gear and go back home. Ten consecutive shots in the X-ring then quitting is better practice then 100 shots sprayed all over the target.

If you can not put ten consecutive shots in the X-ring, you need to work on the basic fundamentals of pistol shooting. Those basic fundamentals can be perfected by dry firing.

I then understood what me meant.

I’ll let you know when I get those ten consecutive shots in the X-ring. Until then, I’ll keep dry firing and striving for “perfect practice”.

Page generated in 0.02947 seconds with 8 queries