View Single Post
Old January 17, 2011, 12:41 PM   #3
Fingers McGee

I frequently use Matech brass shells in my SxS shotguns. Best source for wads is Circle Fly. Over powder cards, and cushion wads shoult be 11 ga to fit properly. Over shot cards should be 10 ga for a good tight fit. Water glass (sodium Silicate), duco cement, hot glue, Elmers glue, or ??????? will seal them off and keep the shot in when handled and bouncing around in your pocket.

While I've never used Pyrodex, ffg APP and real ffg BP work very well. My normal load is 70 gr BP, over podwer card, cushion wad, 1 1/8 ox #7 1/2 shot, 10 ga over shot card and water glass sealer. I use the RCBS 12 ga dies set to put a slight roll on the case mouth so they're easier to drop in the SxS barrels.

There are probably as many methods in loading brass hulls as there are reloaders. Unlubed fiber wads, plastic wads, wasp nests, toilet paper, milk cartons, cardboard boxes, are being used as wads and cards. BP, APP, Pinacle, Pyrodex and T7 in granulations from Cannon to fffg are used as are most if not all shot sizes that vary depending on what they're being used for.

I'm sure others will chime in with their favorite load.

Load up and have some fun.

FM
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce

Page generated in 0.03108 seconds with 8 queries