View Single Post
Old March 14, 2014, 02:55 AM   #4
Theohazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkbite
Maybe somebody can chime in and remind me what company is doing the clamshell inner tube holding the baffle stack?? Looked like a good design
That's the Silencerco Sparrow (though Tactical Solutions makes something similar). It's the easiest .22 suppressor on the market to clean that I've ever seen.

9mm: The two most popular .22 silencers on the market are the Sparrow and the SWR Spectre II. If the primary host is a pistol I suggest a Spectre II, and if it's a rifle I suggest a Sparrow. The Sparrow is super-quiet, but the Spectre is slightly quieter on a pistol and has much less first round pop; that's the main disadvantage of a monocore design like the Sparrow: more first round pop (the first shot is noticeably louder than subsequent shots; this is especially noticeable when shooting the Sparrow on a pistol, you really don't notice it on a rifle).

The Sparrow is slightly easier to clean than the Spectre and is shorter (but slightly wider). And considering I've never seen a .22 can that was easier to take apart when dirty, the Sparrow a great can and I would love to have one. But the Spectre is cheaper, almost as easy to take apart and clean, has less first round pop, and is slightly quieter, so I'd choose the Spectre if I could only have one .22 can.

The Warlock II is the exact same design as the Specter II except it's aluminum so it's a lot lighter, but it's less durable and slightly louder. And I love AAC's rifle cans, but wouldn't recommend getting any of their .22 cans; they're outclassed in every way by the .22 cans made by Silencerco/SWR.

Page generated in 0.03293 seconds with 8 queries