View Single Post
Old March 22, 2011, 02:16 PM   #38
jmstr

I wish we could educate people about firearms.

If a Glock 17 was number '17' because it was designed to hold 17 rounds, then 17 is the standard capacity for that firearm. 10 rounds is diminished capacity [like most politicians? ]. A 30 round magazine is definitely high-capacity for the Glock 17, but I am preaching to the choir.

Maybe if we made it into an analogy? If a Toyota Prius is designed to hold 11.9 gallons of fuel and a few crash, causing fires that kill some people, will we require all Prius owners [and Toyota] to reduce the fuel capacity to a 8gallon tank to save lives, and then call the original 11.9 gallon tank 'high capacity'? Or, can we all agree that in this 'Prius' example, an 11.9 gallon tank is standard capacity and high capacity would be something like adding a 15 or 20 gallon tank?

Tell all of those ignorant people who want to mess with us about a 10 round limit that we will accept it, as long as they accept a voluntary 44% reduction in the size of their fuel tanks AND they have to pay for the cost of the switch at their own expense, or it is a felony.

I still don't want to accept it the 10 round limit, but I'm in California, so I'm hosed. I do have 2 grandfathered magazines that I bought the month before the ban went into effect, but I have 4 other pistols I would like to have them for. Oh well.

I guess I have to practice so my aim is better.

As to the OP comment about getting the Glock now that he can't have the extra rounds in his Xd, I would ask 'why'?

Do you seriously like the Glock design/fit/features/accuracy/reliablity that much more than the Xd? Or are you like me, in that you wouldn't want the Xd because it would always bring memories of how many rounds you USED to be able to shoot through it, but now can't? I'm just curious.

Page generated in 0.04505 seconds with 8 queries